Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Forever in Letters


This past weekend I was visiting my grandma and my great-grandma. I was snooping around the house one day finding all the old pretty things I could. I found a chest in my great grandma’s room and asked her if I could see what was inside. She opened it up and inside lived hundreds of old letters. I was so curious now.

She told me they were mostly letters that she and my great grandpa wrote back and forth to each other everyday while he was in the military right after they got married. He passed away 17 years ago but her love for him is just the same. The letters are just a little proof of that love. So we sat down and she read some of them to me and we even shed a few tears. The letters were stunning and their love for each other was so precious. But I couldn't just read them and be done with it. This was something that had to be documented and shared, so that’s just what I did. My great grandma does not even know this is what I was doing with all the photos I had been taking for her until this is posted (:

I recorded some of the letters she read out and then put it with the photos to help you really understand this story. The letters are a perfect example of what love should look like: Pure, honest, simple, unselfish, cherished, forever, and beautiful. I hope this little story inspires you to always love deeply, even in the smallest ways, and to always hold on to the memories of people who have become so close to you even if there are no longer there.


Press the play button and have a peak into these letters. xxx

1 comment: